Ruby Crescent Pendant
Circa 1880, this stellar antique pendant is comprised of an arc of rubies and diamonds set in a crescent frame. The pendant is artfully constructed with a silver appliqué top and 14t rose gold gallery base.
- 14t rose gold and silver pendant
- 30.45mm x 28.31mm (outside dimensions)
- Features a bail at the top (pendant) and pin (brooch) at the rear
- 17 rubies, cushion faced, each measuring approximately from 4.00mm x 3.50mm x 2.00mm to 2.5mm x 2.00mm x 1.80mm — total estimated weight 3.88cts (by weight estimation), lightly to moderately included (GIA Type 2), medium tone, slight purplish/red hue, strong saturation, fair polish, symmetry and proportions (FR make)
- 17 diamonds: 0.0125ct - 0.04ct diamonds, rose cuts and old mine cuts, each measuring approximately from 1.30mm to 2.10mm (in diameter), total estimated weight .57cts (by weight estimation). 4 x .0125cts, 13 x .04cts, VS to I clarity grade, I-K colour grade, fair polish, fair symmetry and fair proportions (FR make)
- One 14t white gold 'wheat' link chain measuring 18 inches (total length), and is of Italian manufacture and is finished with a lobster clasp
- Pendant and chain total weight 8.20 grams
- Stock# AV308
*Comes with independent appraisal
Note: The product shown in the photos is the actual piece. Due to the nature of vintage jewellery, you will find variations in character, quality, and wear. In the case of diamonds and gemstones, no two stones are the same. Always defer to the detailed gemological information provided in the specifications above. Vintage jewellery is sold as is and cannot always be sized or altered.
Should you have any specific questions about the item offered, please contact us, and we’ll happily answer any questions you have about the piece and to send you other photographs taken in natural lighting of the item.